I'm a goal oriented person. I set yearly goals for my business and I have monthly tasks on index cards that help me focus and work towards those larger yearly goals.
I sometimes set New Year's Resolutions, but this year I'm wanted to set measurable objective goals in certain areas of my life. I had my three fitness and creative ones quickly. My volunteering came next, and then I pondered and pondered and wondered about my parental and relationship goals. The parental one really stumped me. Finally, I asked my kids. The middle one came up with a great (nebulous) suggestion. I took it.
- Swim 2 miles in 1 swim.
- Run a half marathon.
- Bike 50 miles on 1 ride.
- Share some of my poetry at an open mic event.
- Submit my young adult novel to agents.
- Complete NaNoWriMo 2014 - three years in a row!
- Visit my state and federal legislators on behalf of Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America.
- Be a gleaning volunteer for the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank.
- Continue being an active volunteer at our elementary school.
Parental & Friendship Goals
- "Help us grow up." Suggested by my middle son. Sounds good.
- Go on a 'girls' getaway' with friends.
- At least one Date Night* monthly with my husband.