Soccerifice. Verb. 1. The act of giving up several weekday evenings and weekends in order to take your child to soccer practices and games.
2. The act of gluing together certain household items that have been destroyed during indoor soccer play.
3. The act of learning the names of every player on your child's favorite soccer team and debating the merits of their unique hairstyles, shoe choices and best goals.
4. The act of standing in front of a goal while your child kicks a ball at your face.
5. The act of not screaming at the ref who didn't call that penalty when the kid from the other team clearly tripped your child.
6. The act of doing laundry late at night so the right combination of shorts, jersey and socks are ready for the next day.