|Me at the beginning of 2016|
|Me at the end of 2016|
I had some big goals for 2016. If you don't want to click on the link, here they are:
- Finish Stalkers.
- Finish a really good personal essay. Get it published.
- Get an agent.
- Get some new publication clips.
- Complete NaNoWriMo 2016.
- Have a new novel to pitch at conferences.
- Sell/publish another children’s fiction piece.
- Sell/publish children’s non-fiction piece.
- Attend a new writing conference.
Assessment - To be really fair, I don't think I accomplished any of these! I didn't finish Stalkers or NaNoWriMo. I don't have a new novel yet. I didn't sell any new fiction pieces. I did get a Runner Up Award for a fiction piece, and I was chosen as the 2016 2017 Fellow for Pen Parentis. I am so proud of those achievements. No new conferences and no agent.
- Increase school visits.
- Get/keep two steady freelance clients.
Assessment - These didn't happen either, but not for lack of trying. My group marketing project didn't go anywhere to increasing school visits. I'm picking up some steam a little on the clients front.
- Read all the Newbery award books.
- Read 100 books (again).
Assessment - I didn't read all the Newbery books. That's a lot of books. And I didn't read 100 books, I read 57 I think. Not terrible. If I counted all of the picture books I read to kids, my total would be closer to 100.
- Run CUCB.
- Run Pgh Marathon Relay.
- Try some new races.
- Run a sub 7:00 mile.
Assessment - I ran the CUCB despite the wind. I ran the relay. I completed the Presque Isle Triathlon that I had failed to do in 2014. And I completed the Glenwood Duathlon, a brand new race for me! That's a win.
- Continue to work for Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense.
- Do a gleaning activity for GPCFB.