How are your goals going for 2019? July is almost done and that means the year is over halfway. I like that I'm hitting goals. It means I'm staying focused. The one thing I've definitely lost focus on that I doubt I'll do this year is finish that YA manuscript.
Things I can complete
- Run six races this year (As of July 22, I've done 4! Thanks to my amazing family for running the Yinzer 5K and for my oldest for running the North Boroughs YMCA 5K with me!)
- Finish my YA manuscript
- Finish the Rosalie manuscript - Revision completed, in process of sending this out
- Go camping
- Co-Read a book with each kid - I read "The Great Brain" out loud to the middle and youngest on a car trip. That's 2/3 for sure. The oldest and I are reading "A Separate Peace." He's NOT loving it.
- Bake something new - We didn't have to bake mochi, but we made this for the first time! The oldest and I also made gnocchi, which again didn't require baking, but was tough and delicious. I have added Croque Monsieur to my "to bake" list.
- Go for a group run
- Attend a new conference
Ongoing things I want to do well:
- Moms volunteering - doing a state level project
- SCBWI volunteering (Now I'm the RA!)
- Writing coach
- Writing club - almost done our first ever session. Completed our six weeks and had an amazing book launch! Lots of people asked if I'd do it again. Then I coached two weeks of writing camp! I've learned a lot here.
- NHSC - my last season as Commissioner is underway. Spoke too soon....probably will be commissioner again.
Stuff I will work hard on but can't guarantee:
- Find the right agent
- Write more for the educational publishing market - Signed a contract March 1, 2019!
- Continue to write for Highlights - Achieved in Feb 2019!
- Continue to write for Cricket magazine - I have some fun stuff coming out this October!
- Sold a story to a new magazine, Smartypants Magazine for Kids