Some updates on my goals:
- I'm planning to run my fifth race of the year Aug 16. It's an 8K on a Friday evening.
- I did a group run for the first time in....19 years? I've run with friends and such, but this was the first time I showed up for a training run with total strangers. I only did 3 miles, and only 1.5 of that was run with other people. It wasn't a transcendent experience, but it was enjoyable. I was definitely moving at a nice pace.
- I'm attending a new conference...leaving in two days!!
- I really want to finish the YA manuscript. I don't have work for hire contracts right now. I'm wondering if I should tackle it.
- Camping...could it happen over Labor Day? We'll see. The kids want to do it.
Things I can complete
- Run six races this year (As of July 22, I've done 4! Thanks to my amazing family for running the Yinzer 5K and for my oldest for running the North Boroughs YMCA 5K with me!)
- Finish my YA manuscript
- Finish the Rosalie manuscript - Revision completed, in process of sending this out
- Go camping
- Co-Read a book with each kid - I read "The Great Brain" out loud to the middle and youngest on a car trip. That's 2/3 for sure. The oldest and I are reading "A Separate Peace." He's NOT loving it.
- Bake something new - We didn't have to bake mochi, but we made this for the first time! The oldest and I also made gnocchi, which again didn't require baking, but was tough and delicious. I have added Croque Monsieur to my "to bake" list.
- Go for a group run - COMPLETED!
- Attend a new conference